FORGET London and Scotland VS Wales and England, sausages and EasyJet defined voters in the June 23 referendum on Britain’s EU membership.
Campaign Live has used polling company YouGov’s profiles to correspond declared Brexit voting intentions with brand consumption.
The result is a list of 10 brands that are most popular with both Leave and Remain voters…
Top 10 brands: Leave voters
1. HP Sauce
3. ITV News
4. The Health Lottery
5. Birds Eye
7. Sky News
8. Cathedral City
9. PG Tips
Top 10 brands: Remain voters
2. BBC iPlayer
4. London Underground
8. Virgin Trains
The Leave brands are more likely to be seen as traditional, simple, friendly and of good value.
The Remain brands are seen as progressive, visionary, socially responsible and intelligent.
But Theresa May will need to appeal to both sides if she wants to fix ‘broken Britain’.
Emily James of Campaign Live said: “The old fault lines that divide our nation – income, education, ethnicity, gender and politics – are as pronounced as ever.
“But, since the referendum, something deeper has surfaced. We appear now to be divided according to our basic value systems; the things that define how we see the world and how we see ourselves, i.e. the very underpinning of our cultural identity.”
Researchers say the government may want to look at brands like M&S, Money Saving Expert and TK Maxx, all of whom are able to bridge the gap between the two groups by championing something of importance to a wide range of people.
Money Saving Expert is both simple and intelligent in its advice and tone, while TK Maxx is traditional in its offer of designer brands, but innovative in its business model of giving mainstream access.
- Marbella has never lost its charm – in fact it’s only getting better, writes Laurence Dollimore - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35