MURCIA’S La Manga golf club has been handed one of Spain’s most prestigious golfing awards.
The Royal Spanish Golf Federation gifted the world-famous resort with the ‘Merit in Golf’ award in recognition of its contribution to the sport in Spain, Europe and worldwide.
Built more than four decades ago, the club has hosted the Spanish Open five times and has become a recognised course among the world’s elite sportsmen.
Jose Asenjo, general manager of La Manga Club, said: “It is a great honour for us to be given this honour.
“The award is recognition for all the hard work and effort that has been made over the last four decades to make La Manga Club the favourite destination for golfers in Spain and Europe.”
The club was most recently named as Spain’s best golf hotel at the World Golf Awards for the second year running and was voted the best golf resort in Spain by Today’s Golfer readers for the fifth successive year.
The 1,400 acre resort features three 18-hole courses, a nine-hole academy course and a recently opened Leadbetter Golf Academy – the only one in mainland Spain.
- Expats rally around British pensioner made homeless on Spain’s Costa del Sol as alleged ‘squatter tenants’ speak out - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 20:32
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09