A HOST of excitable DJs are gearing up for the re-launch of Costa del Sol radio station Castle Radio FM.
Just five years after launching in his bedroom, founder Andrew Charles is set to open a new state-of-the-art studio in Duquesa port as Castle Radio becomes a commercial radio station.
A number of experienced DJs on the Costa del Sol have been drafted in, including the Olive Press head of sales Chris Birkett who enjoyed a decade-long career as a live DJ in Mallorca in the noughties.
“I am excited to be bringing one of the only late night English language shows to the coast,” Chris said. “I will be playing great music and hope to get some good debate going on the Last Word.”
Also coming on board is station manager Sid Olivera, who has over 35 years worth of radio experience.
“The challenges of starting a new commercial radio station and training new presenters in the art of broadcasting, is just about as exciting as it gets and at the risk of sounding a little bit cheesy, it’s like giving back to an industry that has given me so much pleasure for 35 years and continues to do so,” Sid said.
Starting next week you can listen to Castle Radio FM on 89.2FM or online.
- Not just for Christmas: The heroic work of Estepona’s Adana kennels - 8 Jan, 2017 @ 10:23
- Bambi on ice - 1 Jan, 2017 @ 16:01
- Cars banned from Madrid streets in trial run for pedestrianised city - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 16:54
- Gang of thieves gas and rob expat homes on Costa del Sol - 22 Dec, 2016 @ 09:14
- Spain boosts security in ‘Christmas hotspots’ following Berlin attacks - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 15:31
- Flood advice: How to claim on insurance following Costa del Sol deluge - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 13:25
- PIC EXCLUSIVE: Britain’s Most Wanted fugitive Mark Acklom strips off in Spain - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 11:05
- Prime Minister Theresa May vows to protect 1.2 million British expats living in Europe - 21 Dec, 2016 @ 09:51
- Britain’s Captain Calamity stranded in Spain after leaving passport onboard abandoned vessel - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 12:43
- Woman from Granada named best rugby referee in the world by IRFU - 20 Dec, 2016 @ 10:36