SPANISH police have arrested an Irishman in his 30s in connection with the gangland murder of Gary Hutch.
It comes after a dawn raid on a Costa del Sol boxing gym linked to notorious Irish crime clan the Kinahans.
In a joint operation, Guardia Civil burst into MGM Marbella and four other Costa del Sol locations while more than 60 Irish Gardai police officers searched six premises in Dublin.
A yacht was among the premises raided by the Guardia Civil with €23,000 in cash and documents used for moneylaundering recovered.
The arrested man is a convicted criminal known to Irish police.
He was arrested at a Spanish airport as he attempted to leave the country and is expected in court in the next few days.
Hutch was gunned down at his apartment complex near Marbella last year, sparking a series of tit-for-tat murders.
David Byrne was shot dead at an MGM-hosted boxing weigh-in at Dublin’s Regency Hotel in retaliation for Hutch’s slaying.
So far, eight people have been murdered in the bitter feud between rival organised crime gangs.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00