A BRITISH family who were running a drug operation from Spain have been jailed by Birmingham Crown Court.
Faye Maybury, 30, ran the online operation with her mother, cousin, brother and his best friend, who was a semi-professional football player.
The family were disguising class A and B party drugs as sports supplements and sending them to thousands of customers around the world, including in Japan, Brazil and New Zealand.
They were said to be making around €52,000 profit each month.
Adam Maybury, 28, ran the operation from his grand villa in Spain with the help of his family, including his mother Caroline Wakefield, 57.
Sister Faye, 30, cousin Dean Russell, 27 and his school friend and semi-professional footballer for Altrincham FC Thomas Marshall, 28, also helped.
The group sold the drugs online, which included drugs that are legal in other European states, so-called legal highs.
They were busted in 2014 when their packages were intercepted by border agencies.
They have now been sentenced to a total of seventeen years and nine months at Birmingham Crown Court.
Leader Adam Maybury received nine years and his mother Caroline was handed twelve months, suspended for 18 months.
Cousin Russell received three years while footballer Marshall received two years and nine months.
- Expats rally around British pensioner made homeless on Spain’s Costa del Sol as alleged ‘squatter tenants’ speak out - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 20:32
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09