FLAMENCO star Estrella Morente is set to open a toro-themed hotel in the Ronda area.
The stylish singer is designing the hotel with her handsome matador husband Javier Conde.
The Granada star has teamed up with Malaga-born Conde to develop the ‘cortijo-style’ hotel, that will have seven bedrooms, all linked in some way to the bullfighting tradition.
The three-star hotel, which will be 800-square metres in size, is to be built in a rural area a few kilometres from the town, near the stunning Tajo del Abanico cave.
The 700,000 euro project will count on its own mini-bullfighting ring, as well as a small museum into the bullfighting tradition.
It was expected to get the green light from Ronda town hall this week.
The town hall’s public works boss Francisco Marquez confirmed that the couple had applied to build the hotel some time ago and that so far it had met all the legal requirements.
The Olive Press can reveal that the pair have been looking to buy a project in the area for a number of years.
“They have been looking around the Serrania at hotels and properties for years,” revealed a source. “They love the amazing landscape and believe it will be a popular business.”
Ronda is often dubbed Spain’s spiritual home of bullfighting having Spain’s oldest ring and having spawned a number of leading bullfighters.
Orson Welles and Ernest Hemingway spent a lot of time in the town studying and writing about the art.
Ronda is also to become the home for a key project by famous French designer Philip Starck, who is hoping to open an ecological olive mill just outside the town.
The Almazara LA Organic project features a main building with the face of a bull.
The project, which sits on 22 hectares of land, is currently being redesigned, as it was believed to have been too large for the area.
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27