THE leafy enclave of Guadalmina on the westerly fringes of San Pedro has become as sought-after an address as Marbella’s own ‘Golden Mile’.
I was lucky enough to spend the summers of my youth there, when Guadalmina Alta became my home away from home.
Some 15 years later and this village-sized resort still has an enviable location and a neighbourly feel.
It’s just five minutes from Puerto Banus, ten minutes from Marbella and an easy seafront stroll from San Pedro and there are all kinds of reasons to make that journey – not least an 18-hole golf course and a cable ski lake offering adrenalin-charged thrills for the watersports set.
The local dining scene is also a lot tastier than 10 years ago, with a score of restaurants offering a feast of multi-ethnic fare, from a new vegan cafe and Japanese wok restaurant to the unrivalled La Rosa Argentinian steak house and the long-established Tricky Ricky’s, still doing a roaring trade in traditional English breakfasts.
Over the road from the restaurant strip, Guadalmina Baja is home to palatial villas that wouldn’t look out of place in Beverly Hills and the list of celebrity residents is growing longer, with an ex-Spanish Prime Minister now in residence and royalty too. The Princess of Monaco is rumoured to live close by.
It’s no surprise that local and international home buyers are also gravitating to this peaceful green San Pedro suburb for its bucolic charm, with bright resort city lights and everything else you need on the doorstep.
Looking for the perfect agent to help in your search? Well Winkworth’s set up here two years ago. Find them at www. winkworth.es or call 952 880 941.
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52