THE mayor of Velez-Malaga has asked a public prosecutor to investigate irregularities in the stopping of the town’s tram systems.
Antonio Moreno Ferrer has announced that his PSOE party will take evidence to the judicial services that shows elements of the ‘paralysation’ of the tram service in 2012 were illegal.
He believes the paralysation – the stopping of services – and subsequent damage caused by lack of maintenance, the modification of the contract to replace trams with buses and the increase in public spending following the paralysation may all be illegal.
Former Mayor Francisco Delgado ended the tram service on June 4 2012, however the service’s reinstatement has become a priority under the current PSOE, PA and GIPMTM coalition.
- EXPLAINED: The grey skies and punishing hot winds which arrived on Spain’s Costa del Sol today - 12 Jul, 2019 @ 22:06
- Potimarron Message – Fruits from the heart! - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Tai Chi in the river of Happiness with Master Choy - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 13:59
- Two young Brits rescued from ravine after getting lost on Marbella’s La Concha mountain - 8 Jul, 2019 @ 15:57
- That perfect Spanish afternoon can prove more elusive than first thought, writes Lesley Keith - 7 Jul, 2019 @ 12:19
- ‘I will work hard for you’, promises Bill Anderson, the first ever Brit to serve on Mijas Council - 5 Jul, 2019 @ 17:02
- Figuring out your next career move: Where to start from? - 3 Jul, 2019 @ 10:19
- Online Sports Betting in Spain – Where to Play & What’s Legal? - 2 Jul, 2019 @ 09:16
- A secret escape just 10 minutes from the Costa del Sol - 29 Jun, 2019 @ 09:00
- Creative cuisine has finally started to revolutionise the Axarquia and Costa Tropical’s dining scene - 28 Jun, 2019 @ 11:14