A DISPUTE between Tesco and Unilever has seen Marmite, PG Tips and Pot Noodles pulled from the supermarket’s shelves.
Unilever, who also produces Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, confirmed it is raising its prices in the UK to compensate for the sharp devaluation of the pound.
Tesco is resisting the move and has removed Unilever products from its website.
Unilever defended the decision, saying it is a ‘normal’ reaction to shifts in currency values.
Other Unilever products absent from the site include Comfort fabric conditioner and Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.
The company is the UK’s largest food and grocery manufacturer but many of its goods are made outside the UK, so it argues that it should be getting more pounds for its products.
The goods are still available in stores.
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27
- ANOTHER bank leaves Gibraltar ‘thanks to Brexit’ as opposition party calls on government to encourage big businesses to stay on the Rock - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 17:53
- British drug dealer cuffed ‘outside military establishment’ in Gibraltar carrying large amounts of cocaine - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 15:37
- IN PICS: Torching of Marbella beach club – favourite of Pamela Anderson and Eva Longoria – ‘most likely settling of accounts’, police reveal - 13 Feb, 2019 @ 13:20