A DISPUTE between Tesco and Unilever has seen Marmite, PG Tips and Pot Noodles pulled from the supermarket’s shelves.
Unilever, who also produces Hellmann’s Mayonnaise, confirmed it is raising its prices in the UK to compensate for the sharp devaluation of the pound.
Tesco is resisting the move and has removed Unilever products from its website.
Unilever defended the decision, saying it is a ‘normal’ reaction to shifts in currency values.
Other Unilever products absent from the site include Comfort fabric conditioner and Ben & Jerry’s ice cream.
The company is the UK’s largest food and grocery manufacturer but many of its goods are made outside the UK, so it argues that it should be getting more pounds for its products.
The goods are still available in stores.
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23
- Warnings as woman almost DIES in Spain after suffering huge allergic reaction to partner’s sperm in WORLD FIRST - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 17:36