A RAPE victim who was forced to flee to Spain after being terrorised by an Asian gang has finally seen justice as eight members have been found guilty.
The group were convicted of multiple sex offences against three teenage girls, including the victim who fled to Spain.
One of the attackers, Sageer Hussain, 30, told the victim, who was 13 at the time: “All white girls are good for is sex and they are just slags.”
He was found guilty of four rapes and one indecent assault and his elder brother Basharat, 40, of one indecent assault against the same 13-year-old girl by a jury after a month-long trial at Sheffield Crown Court in the UK.
Six other members of the gang were found guilty of a further ten charges of sexually abusing the three girls.
All the men subjected them to acts of a ‘degrading and violent nature’, the court heard.
Peter Mann, of the Crown Prosecution Service, said after the case: “In contrast to the courage and strength of the victims, these men’s actions are utterly abhorrent. They waged a campaign of sexual violence and intimidation against young girls.”
The victim who fled to Spain first reported her rape to authorities in April 2003, but dropped the allegations when the gang threatened to burn down the family home and gang-rape her mother.
South Yorkshire Police then lost the clothes she was wearing when she was raped by Sageer.
They later paid her €150 in compensation.
The rape kit was also not retained because the allegation was dropped.
Seized mobile phones and tapes of Sageer’s 2003 police interview also disappeared.
Fearing for their lives, the family was forced to move to Spain in 2005, and in 2011 the victim was awarded €22,000 in compensation from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority in 2011 for the mishandling of her first complaint.
The UK’s National Crime Agency has said the investigation into the Rotherham scandal was likely to involve 1,400 victims and hundreds of potential suspects.
The scandal saw authorities cover up or ignore cases of sexual abuse for fear of ‘giving oxygen’ to racism as most of the attackers were British-Pakistani.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13