BORIS JOHNSON has said the UK will make a ‘Titanic success of Brexit’.
The foreign secretary made the comment as he accepted his award for ‘comeback of the year’ at the Spectator Awards.
He said: “We are taking the machete of freedom to the brambles of EU regulation.
“And we are in the process of creating something immensely positive for both sides of the Channel, a new European partnership between a strong UK and a strong EU. Believe me, that’s what people of this great continent want to achieve.”
He added that he believed Europe was coming to terms with the UK’s departure.
“In the words of our great prime minister, they understand that Brexit means Brexit and we are going to make a Titanic success of it.”
Former chancellor George Osborne, who was presenting the award, was quick to remind Johnson of the iconic ship’s fate
“It sank,” he said.
“Well, the Titantic exhibition in Northern Ireland is the single most popular attraction in the province,” Johnson replied, “We are going to make a colossal success of Brexit.”
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38
- Neanderthal FOOTPRINT found in Gibraltar by crack team of British and Spanish scientists - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:08
- Elderly couple discover multiple sets of human remains in newly bought home on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 13:27