THE 100 richest people in Spain are worth the equivalent of 18% of the country’s GDP.
The stinkingly rich group have amassed a fortune worth a combined €198 billion – an increase of 4.8% from last year.
Leaders of textiles and food giants lead the way, with Zara’s Amancio Ortega and Mercadona’s Juan Roig taking first and second place respectively.
Roig is worth €8 billion while Ortega’s €71 billion fortune is worth more than the next 23 on the list combined.
His Inditex fashion house is home to brands including Massimo Dutti, Zara and Pull & Bear, while his property portfolio features hotels and skyscrapers from Madrid to Miami.
Third on the list is Rafael del Pino, owner of construction giant Ferrovial, who is worth €7.65 billion.
Daughter to Ortega, Sandra Ortega, takes fourth with €7.6 billion, while Mango CEO Isak Andic closes out the top five with a net worth of €4.2 billion.
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16