A BRITON has been arrested in Malaga in connection to UK drugs bust.
The 56 year old was held on a European Arrest Warrant in Sedella and is thought to have already appeared before an extradition judge in Madrid.
Olive Press sources claim the man arrested is Anthony Walker from Yorkshire.
He was wanted in connection with the seizure of more than three and a half tonnes of cannabis risen.
It was found in a furniture van that had been travelling from Malaga to Essex.
A police statement read: “Police have arrested a 56-year-old British man on foot of a European Arrest Warrant for drugs trafficking.
He was held after being tracked down to his home in Sedella.
“The arrest warrant states that in October 2014, the British police seized 3.7 tonnes of cannabis resin hidden in a lorry travelling from Malaga to Essex.”
The detainee allegedly formed part of the organisation behind it and hired the vehicle.”A court in St Albans issued an arrest warrant on November 19 last year for a class B drugs trafficking offence which is punishable by a prison sentence of up to 14 years.”It is not yet known if he will be extradited.
- Manhunt underway after young woman ‘held down and raped in the street’ by ex-boyfriend and pals in Spain’s Sevilla - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 16:49
- Another swimmer dies off beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 15:22
- British expat pensioner brutally murdered near Spain’s Costa del Sol wanted to move closer to pals in Estepona following husband’s death - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 14:10
- RED ALERT: Warnings across Spain as temperatures to surpass 40C TODAY before scorcher along Costa del Sol on Friday - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 13:22
- British expats in Spain would have ‘strong case’ to sue UK government in case of no-deal Brexit, MP warns - 23 Jul, 2019 @ 12:10
- IN PICS: Luxury lifestyle of Marbella expat couple accused of cocaine trafficking and money laundering as court orders €4 million seizure of assets - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 14:15
- Dead blue whale found floating in Marbella - 22 Jul, 2019 @ 10:39
- OPINION: Justice at last! - 21 Jul, 2019 @ 04:39
- SIMPLY THE REST: Driving through Spain this summer? Here are the best boutique hotels to stop at en route - 20 Jul, 2019 @ 09:05
- Expat Marbella couple held in prison on drug and money laundering charges ‘may have links to Finland’s Hells Angels’ as more details emerge - 19 Jul, 2019 @ 15:13