A SPANISH city has been named in the top three expat destinations in the world.
Madrid beat Toronto, Vienna and Sydney into the third spot on the 2016 list, compiled by networking service InterNations.
Expats raved about the great quality of life in the capital despite the country’s economic struggles.
Barcelona made it to number 11 on the 35 strong list.
It was compiled by asking 14,000 people who live abroad about the quality of life, ease of settling in, work opportunities and personal finance..
Melbourne topped the list, with Houston taking second place.
London, the only British city on the list, ranked at 27.
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09