BREXIT campaigners have been battling the UK government in a landmark Supreme Court case over who should make the decision over the triggering of Article 50.
Theresa May’s lawyers have been grilled by all 11 Supreme Court judges for the first time in history.
Gibraltar campaigner Paul Cartwright, part of the People’s Challenge, is determined to show May ‘she is wrong’ after he travelled to London for the historic showdown
“For Gibraltar, it is so important we stay in the European Union,” Cartwright told the Olive Press from London.
“Even being in the EU, we have had so many issues with Spain. We are here to make sure that parliament’s sovereignty is respected.
“We have already won in the High Court so we have proved to the rest of the world that we are right and she [May] is wrong.”
The case is due to end on Thursday.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00