BRITISH criminals have been banged up after an international drug trafficking ring was busted.
The Guardia Civil has stated that the traffickers, who were also from France, Spain and Iran, were selling drugs to those with ‘prestige and links to the sporting world.’
At least one member was arrested while disembarking a flight from the UK at a Spanish airport, while others were detained at five raids in luxury complexes in Marbella, Mijas and Estepona.
There police found an arsenal of loaded guns, 1,250 marijuana plants, 191 grams of cocaine and anabolic steroids were uncovered at the properties, alongside €70,000 and almost £8,000.
Seventeen top end cars, gold coins and bars were also seized in the operation.
The arrests come after a seven month investigation into the network, which was described by Guardia Civil as being a ‘complex hierarchy, with different roles assigned to each member.’
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09