STATUS Quo star Rick Parfitt cheated death thanks to a dodgy kebab, it has been revealed.
The veteran rocker, who has a house in Marbella, had a heart attack in a Turkish hotel room while touring with the band.
The band had swapped their usual post-gig sushi for a kebab following a concert in Antalya in June.
Parfitt, 68, went to his room feeling ill, but was saved when the band’s PA Lyane Ngan, who felt sick after eating a kebab, found him suffering a heart attack.
Paramedics who had just left the hotel were soon on hand to revive the rocker.
Quo bassist John ‘Rhino’ Edwards called Parfitt ‘the luckiest bxxxxxxx you will ever meet’.
He said: “If there had been sushi at the hotel, Lyane would have been with us eating in Francis’s room and wouldn’t have gone to check on him.
“A team of paramedics with all the necessary equipment had left the hotel two minutes earlier and turned around. He’s just jammy.”
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00