CRISTIANO Ronaldo says he feels ‘blessed’ to still be signing bumper contracts after allegedly being offered €300 million from a Chinese Super League club.
The 30-year-old’s agent Jorge Mendes claimed this week that Real Madrid received an extraordinary offer from the unnamed club.
Had the sale been agreed, the Portugal captain would have reportedly been offered an eye-watering annual salary of €100m.
It comes after Chinese clubs signed Chelsea’s Oscar and Carlos Tevez of Argentina for €70 million and €80 million respectively.
But Ronaldo is said to have had no interest in leaving LaLiga, with the 2016 Ballon d’Or winner considering himself fortunate to still be commanding big wages and endorsements.
“My target is to maintain [my level],” he said.
“I have a few more years to play football. I signed a great deal with Nike and Real Madrid.
“I’m glad and blessed to sign these huge contracts at my age. It’s unbelievable. It’s going to give me more motivation to continue working hard and maintain my level.”
- Brazilian soldier from convoy of President Bolsonaro arrested for smuggling cocaine into Spain’s Sevilla after controversial leader vowed to crack down on drugs - 26 Jun, 2019 @ 12:41
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27