A TEACHER has surrendered himself back to police, a day after having been released following interrogation on suspicion of child abuse.
The 40-year-old man, who is married with children, was initially arrested on suspicion of having sexually abused three girls at the Custodio Puga school in Torre del Mar, following a tip-off from one of the girls’ mothers.
He was questioned and released by police, but just one day later the man re-appeared at the police station of his own accord, saying that he felt an overwhelming sense of guilt. He reportedly admitted to having abused several girls between the ages of 10 and 11, at schools in Malaga and beyond. He had a problem which required treatment, he said, and he wanted to go to prison until he was cured.
The man has been imprisoned pending trial. Regional education councillor Patricia Alba said that he has committed ‘disgusting acts which have no place in our schools.’
- Green gold: Discovering the origins of avocados - 29 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Spain slammed by European Commission for inequality levels - 9 Mar, 2017 @ 14:30
- International Women’s Day: Women’s rights in Spain - 8 Mar, 2017 @ 09:00
- Marbella Town Hall creates 500 temporary jobs in bid to cut unemployment - 7 Mar, 2017 @ 14:50
- Malaga scientists in finals of Google contest to grow seeds on the moon - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 19:00
- 1000km/h ‘flying’ train designed by Valencia students - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 15:10
- Which animals are most at risk of extinction in Spain? - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 21:00
- Read the TripAdvisor reviews of 12 tourists who were not impressed by Andalucia - 4 Mar, 2017 @ 11:00
- Gay traffic lights introduced in Cadiz town - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Virtually all fossil fuel in Spain imported from abroad - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 17:00