A WORLD padel star has her eyes set on a prosperous 2017 season.
And Malaguena Carolina Navarro, who ranks number seven in the world, said she has ‘no plans to retire’ this year.
The 41-year-old four time world champion, who has spent over half her life playing professionally, is full of positivity ahead of her first league games in March.
“I feel physically well and have no plans to retire”, she said.
“It is clear that with age you have to care for yourself more, work harder at training and your diet but I feel well and am looking forward to beginning playing again.
“I enjoy what I do a lot. I have an innate motivation.
“It is true that there are days that it costs you, that it becomes hard to go to train, but I do what I like and I will continue doing it while I can.”
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09