Data from the Ministry of Energy and Tourism has revealed that refueling your diesel car will cost you more in Marbella than in any municipality on the Costa del Sol, and more than all major Spanish cities.
The average price at Marbella stations is €1.163 per litre, higher than Barcelona’s €1,155 and astonishingly, higher than Madrid’s €1.119.
Malaga’s average is €1.147 while Sevilla’s is €1.146.
The statistics show that areas with higher purchasing power offer lower prices, including Granada (1.124), Bilbao (1.126) and Zaragoza (1.127).
Neighbouring Estepona and Mijas are far lower than Marbella, with average prices of €1.138 and €1.141 per litre respectively.
Marbella is said to have more gas stations that are linked to large exclusive oil companies, driving up the average price.
When refueling your car with 50 litres, the difference in price could be as much as six euros.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22