Data from the Ministry of Energy and Tourism has revealed that refueling your diesel car will cost you more in Marbella than in any municipality on the Costa del Sol, and more than all major Spanish cities.
The average price at Marbella stations is €1.163 per litre, higher than Barcelona’s €1,155 and astonishingly, higher than Madrid’s €1.119.
Malaga’s average is €1.147 while Sevilla’s is €1.146.
The statistics show that areas with higher purchasing power offer lower prices, including Granada (1.124), Bilbao (1.126) and Zaragoza (1.127).
Neighbouring Estepona and Mijas are far lower than Marbella, with average prices of €1.138 and €1.141 per litre respectively.
Marbella is said to have more gas stations that are linked to large exclusive oil companies, driving up the average price.
When refueling your car with 50 litres, the difference in price could be as much as six euros.
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13