WOMEN across Spain are planning to strike on International Women’s Day in protest against gender inequality in the workplace.
Strikes have been a part of the commemorative day on March 8 before, but are set to be bigger than ever this year.
A Twitter hashtag, #NosotrasParamos (we’re stopping), has been created to organise and promote the strikes.
The Feminist Movement of Madrid has called on Spanish women to stop working between 12pm and 12.30pm on March 8, and to take to the streets in protests at 7pm.
It comes after a recent report showed that Spanish women earn 23.25% less than their male counterparts.
- Green gold: Discovering the origins of avocados - 29 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Spain slammed by European Commission for inequality levels - 9 Mar, 2017 @ 14:30
- International Women’s Day: Women’s rights in Spain - 8 Mar, 2017 @ 09:00
- Marbella Town Hall creates 500 temporary jobs in bid to cut unemployment - 7 Mar, 2017 @ 14:50
- Malaga scientists in finals of Google contest to grow seeds on the moon - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 19:00
- 1000km/h ‘flying’ train designed by Valencia students - 6 Mar, 2017 @ 15:10
- Which animals are most at risk of extinction in Spain? - 5 Mar, 2017 @ 21:00
- Read the TripAdvisor reviews of 12 tourists who were not impressed by Andalucia - 4 Mar, 2017 @ 11:00
- Gay traffic lights introduced in Cadiz town - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 18:00
- Virtually all fossil fuel in Spain imported from abroad - 3 Mar, 2017 @ 17:00