The Nou Camp club managed to beat PSG 6-1, overcoming both a 4-0 first-leg deficit and an away goal scored by Edinson Cavani to progress in the Champions League.
Spanish newspaper El Mundo called the lads ‘heroes’ while Sport labelled them ‘legends’.
El Mundo said: “After a great start, Cavani cooled the mood until Neymar and Sergio Roberto provided the impossible – three goals in eight minutes.”
They added that the game ‘entered the history of football’.
Barcelona coach Luis Enrique said after the match: “It was more than a thriller.
“It is difficult to explain in words.
“This is a sport for crazy people, a unique sport. Any kid who was in the Camp Nou tonight will never forget this in their life.
“It was a torrent of feelings. I don’t cry – I would like to, but the tears don’t come out.
“But I enjoyed this as much as the rest; as much as those who cried.”
On the winning goal scorer Sergi Roberto he added: “I say to Sergi Roberto: ‘You used to score for the youth team, why do you never do it for the first team?’, And then, what the hell, he goes and gets that goal tonight. I am delighted for him – I have a lot of trust in him and affection for him.”
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25