According to the Interior Ministry, the cache was found in the rural Irun area in the Basque country.
The area has been cordoned off, with the statement adding it could be just one of many in the region.
ETA, or Euzkadi Ta Askatusana (Basque Country and Freedom) was an armed nationalist group founded in 1959. The goal of the organization was to gain independence for the Greater Basque Country.
It is known as Spain’s deadliest terror group, having killed 860 people in its history.
The group had announced in 2011 a ‘definitive cessation of its armed activity’ while the Spanish government has called for a complete disbandment of the group.
The Interior Ministry said: “The deposit has not seen recent activity and it is thought that it was used by the terrorist group to supply material to an Eta command unit in the Irún area.”
- Marbella has never lost its charm – in fact it’s only getting better, writes Laurence Dollimore - 26 May, 2019 @ 10:00
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35