IT’S not triggered yet, but Article 50 is hurtling towards us like a speeding train.
But in refusing to guarantee the existing rights of EU citizens in the UK, MPs missed a chance to secure diplomatic goodwill with their European counterparts.
Three million EU citizens in the UK remain in a state of limbo, possibly for another two years, with stories trickling out that many are not being treated as well as hoped.
This doesn’t bode well for British expats hoping for reciprocal rights in Spain.
This must now be a number-one priority. Mariano Rajoy indicated to May in February he was keen on a quick resolution of this key point.
Three million EU citizens in the UK, and every British citizen living in Spain, are now firmly together in the frontline trenches of this hugely divisive battle.
- Everything you need to know about Spain’s general election on Sunday April 28 - 26 Apr, 2019 @ 13:47
- IN PICS: The women competing for your vote to be crowned Miss World Malaga on the same day as Spain’s general election - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 09:00
- The Online Gambling Industry in Gibraltar - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 14:10
- Heat and sun returns to Spain’s Costa del Sol from Friday with highs of 24C forecast for next week - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:54
- NOT MOO-VING: Moment stubborn cow causes traffic jam on busy A-7 in southern Spain - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 12:31
- Almost 40% of Spaniards fear Brexit will have a ‘very negative’ impact on Spain’s economy - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 11:03
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54