IT’S not triggered yet, but Article 50 is hurtling towards us like a speeding train.
But in refusing to guarantee the existing rights of EU citizens in the UK, MPs missed a chance to secure diplomatic goodwill with their European counterparts.
Three million EU citizens in the UK remain in a state of limbo, possibly for another two years, with stories trickling out that many are not being treated as well as hoped.
This doesn’t bode well for British expats hoping for reciprocal rights in Spain.
This must now be a number-one priority. Mariano Rajoy indicated to May in February he was keen on a quick resolution of this key point.
Three million EU citizens in the UK, and every British citizen living in Spain, are now firmly together in the frontline trenches of this hugely divisive battle.
- What are the betting odds for Brexit - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 09:45
- 11 Reasons Why Over 75,000 International Students Choose to Study in Spain - 19 Jun, 2019 @ 19:05
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47