MALAGA’S cigar-smoking golfer gained silver in a major international contest.
Charismatic Miguel Angel Jimenez, 53, was pipped to the post by American star Fred Couples in the US Champions Tour.
He beat Jimenez by three points, finishing -16.
Jimenez expressed his pride over his own performance, which included scoring 10 birdies and one eagle in the first two days of play.
“I played very well, very solid,” said Jimenez, who won the last of his 21 European Tour titles in 2014.
“I made a ton of good putts.
“I really like the Champions Tour.
“I still play some tournaments on the European Tour because I still feel I can play there, but playing here is something more relaxing for me.”
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09