POLICE in Estepona are searching for ‘gypsy-looking’ man after he allegedly tried to abduct a three-year-old girl.
Described as balding, around 50 years old and with a scar on his face, he allegedly tried to snatch the British girl after telling her he would buy her sweets.
Policia Local said they were investigating following the mother’s claims, but they have yet to make an arrest.
The alleged incident is said to have occured around 3pm last Tuesday as the 27-year-old expat mum was taking her daughter to dance class in Estepona.
She claims the stranger grabbed her daughter’s hand and promised to buy her sweets after getting a young boy who was with him to strike up a conversation.
According to the mother, they both fled after her daughter began screaming for help.
She called the authorities immediately before sharing a warning on Facebook.
She said: “Please be aware that in the Estepona area there is a man in his 50s going around trying to take children.
“He attempted to take my daughter. He uses a child to talk to the other children and then takes their hands and tries to take them.
“Everyone with children or who knows someone with children should be very careful and not let your child out of your sight.
“The police have been informed and are doing everything they can to find them.
“The man has greying hair and a scar on the right side of his head.”
A police spokesman said: “We are investigating an allegation from a woman who says someone tried to take her child.”
The man in question was wearing dark blue trousers and a black shirt.
The boy with him is thought to have been aged around seven.
- Expats rally around British pensioner made homeless on Spain’s Costa del Sol as alleged ‘squatter tenants’ speak out - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 20:32
- British expats and locals FUMING as celebrity chef Dani Garcia’s chiringuito gets go ahead on protected land in southern Spain - 25 Apr, 2019 @ 12:16
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09