GREEN businesses have boomed in Andalucia in just one year.
The amount of registered eco-friendly agri-food firms shot up by 20% in 2016 compared to the year before, according to the junta.
It means that Andalucia now boasts 30% of the total green agri-food firms in the whole of Spain, with 1782 companies dedicated to environmentally-friendly practices.
Sevilla province has the most with 386, followed by Malaga with 359.
Seed cultivation was the most popular type of green food business, along with the production of eco-friendly citrus, dried and subtropical fruits.
Carmen Ortiz, junta councillor for agriculture, said that the rise was due to ‘increased knowledge and consumption of ecological products.’
- Behind the green door: Discover Andalucia’s eco village of Los Molinos del Rio Agua - 10 Jun, 2017 @ 10:51
- TAKING THE P***: Campaign launched to move Cordoba mosque toilets because they face Mecca - 8 Jun, 2017 @ 13:01
- Groundbreaking eco Lego style plastic house factory to open in Malaga - 4 Jun, 2017 @ 11:55
- Spain has 10 of the 20 European universities most in demand by Erasmus students - 3 Jun, 2017 @ 10:45
- Malaga Council accused of falsifying hospital statistics - 30 May, 2017 @ 17:50
- Dolphins caught stealing from fishermen - 30 May, 2017 @ 16:49
- UK ELECTION: Olive Press voting guide for British expats - 28 May, 2017 @ 11:46
- Who was George Campbell, one of Andalucia’s best-loved Irish artists? - 28 May, 2017 @ 09:30
- The extraordinary life of Alexander Fleming’s granddaughter as an artist in Andalucia - 27 May, 2017 @ 09:16
- Junta commit to green energy in Andalucia - 26 May, 2017 @ 16:09