THIS is the moment a diver was rescued from a tiny water-filled cave after being trapped for 48 hours.
Xisco Gracia, 54, disappeared in the labyrinth in Mallorca and became trapped 120ft below water without food or water.
He was unable to scuba back to safety as his oxygen tank had malfunctioned.
The cavity he was found in was nearly 3,000 metres from the entrance of the Cova de sa Piqueta in Manacor.
He was treated by medics for half an hour as he adjusted to sunlight before he was taken to hospital.
He had managed to stay alive by drinking from a tiny puddle of fresh water.
Involving at least 60 people, the operation has been described as one of the most complicated seen on the island for many years.
“I was convinced he would still be alive,” said friend Guillem Mascaró. “There is only one Xisco.”
The labyrinth has around three kilometres of tunnels.
Gracia is expected to make a full recovery.
- WATCH: ANOTHER Marbella chiringuito burned to the ground - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 16:47
- BREXIT UPDATE: Spain offers further assurances to British expats after meeting with campaigners - 19 Feb, 2019 @ 13:21
- TRAGIC APPEAL: British expat dad ‘drops dead’ at 39 leaving fiance and two children in desperate need on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:49
- P**S TAKER: You can now pee in Donald Trump’s mouth thanks to expat bar owner in Spain - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 14:17
- Irish dog walker stumbles upon dead dolphin washed up on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Feb, 2019 @ 13:33
- BREAKING: British airline goes into administration with ALL flights to Europe cancelled, cites Brexit as major factor - 16 Feb, 2019 @ 20:10
- WATCH: New Marbella Arena to host string of ‘international artists’ and events this summer after signing deal with global events company - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 15:06
- ‘ABSOLUTE CHAOS’: Ryanair flight from Glasgow to Malaga diverted after violent ‘hen party brawl’ - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 13:37
- War to be waged against plastic in Gibraltar following deaths of ‘magnificent’ birds - 15 Feb, 2019 @ 11:18
- CASTING CALL: US Netflix series to film in Malaga and Marbella and needs extras THIS WEEKEND - 14 Feb, 2019 @ 14:38