THIS is the moment a diver was rescued from a tiny water-filled cave after being trapped for 48 hours.
Xisco Gracia, 54, disappeared in the labyrinth in Mallorca and became trapped 120ft below water without food or water.
He was unable to scuba back to safety as his oxygen tank had malfunctioned.
The cavity he was found in was nearly 3,000 metres from the entrance of the Cova de sa Piqueta in Manacor.
He was treated by medics for half an hour as he adjusted to sunlight before he was taken to hospital.
He had managed to stay alive by drinking from a tiny puddle of fresh water.
Involving at least 60 people, the operation has been described as one of the most complicated seen on the island for many years.
“I was convinced he would still be alive,” said friend Guillem Mascaró. “There is only one Xisco.”
The labyrinth has around three kilometres of tunnels.
Gracia is expected to make a full recovery.
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59