THIS is the moment a diver was rescued from a tiny water-filled cave after being trapped for 48 hours.
Xisco Gracia, 54, disappeared in the labyrinth in Mallorca and became trapped 120ft below water without food or water.
He was unable to scuba back to safety as his oxygen tank had malfunctioned.
The cavity he was found in was nearly 3,000 metres from the entrance of the Cova de sa Piqueta in Manacor.
He was treated by medics for half an hour as he adjusted to sunlight before he was taken to hospital.
He had managed to stay alive by drinking from a tiny puddle of fresh water.
Involving at least 60 people, the operation has been described as one of the most complicated seen on the island for many years.
“I was convinced he would still be alive,” said friend Guillem Mascaró. “There is only one Xisco.”
The labyrinth has around three kilometres of tunnels.
Gracia is expected to make a full recovery.
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16