BRITISH tourists caught romping on the streets of Mallorca could face a €2,700 fine under new laws.
Anyone caught drinking from a bottle in the streets of El Arenal could also face a €1,500 penalty.
Llucmajor is the latest to get tough on boozing tourists after Calvia Council recently brought in a 109-strong list of new infringements that could get you a €100 fine.
The new set of bylaws have been approved by the council just in time for the summer season, with ‘very serious’ breaches punishable with a maximum fine of €2,700.
The councillor for police and citizenship Gori Estarellas said the new regulations are ‘brief and very practical and reflect the complaints that we have received basically in summer in El Arenal and the coastal area’.
The laws are said to be designed to combat ‘noise, alcohol consumption and the concentrations of people on the street’.
They have been described as ‘very necessary’ by the council, while mayor Bernadi Vives said they will be adapted as the summer progresses.
The maximum fines will be applied to anyone found boozing in the street or seen to be disturbing the peace of the resort.
Fines range from €50 to €750 for minor offences and between €1,500 and €2,700 for more serious ones.
The ‘serious’ category includes ‘offering, soliciting, negotiating and accepting sexual services in public spaces’, ‘acts of exhibitionism, proposition or provocation of a sexual nature’ and ‘performing sexual acts in public spaces’.
Ball games in the street will also be cracked down on.
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22