MALAGA have enraged Barcelona by suggesting they could let Real Madrid pip the Catalans to the league title.
While Barcelona currently top the division, Real Madrid have a game in hand and are level on points in a delicately poised title race.
The Costa del Sol club host Madrid on the final day in what could be a decisive fixture for the title.
Comments from coach Michel and a tweet from owner Sheikh Abdullah Al-Thani have suggested Malaga would prefer Real Madrid to win and not Barcelona.
Michel, who played for the Madrid side for 14 years, claimed he was still a fan of the club, but it was owner Al-Thani who made the most controversial comments.
He tweeted: “The human waste of Catalunya will never smell [the glory] of La Liga.”
This prompted a furious response from FC Barcelona, who have now released a statement expressing “rejection and indignation”.
They added: “The club will formally complain to the Anti-Violence Comittee of the Superior Sports Council, and will transfer the matter to the Competition Committee of the Royal Spanish Football Federation, and the Department of Integrity of La Liga.”
- Velez-Malaga Town Hall receives more than 180 tax claims - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 19:32
- Protesters march over Malaga mosquito problem - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 15:45
- Local pupils reenact victory over Britain - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 12:15
- Film about ancient treasure to be filmed in Rincon de la Victoria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 17:40
- Geothermal deposit found in Almeria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 15:58
- Estepona to host Circus festival - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 14:43
- Towns to unite to promote tourism - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 19:36
- Axarquia to host mental health conference - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 18:29
- Culture top reason tourists visit Andalucia - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 14:20
- Alleged axe attack in Axarquia - 14 Jun, 2017 @ 19:02