RECOVERING alcoholic Daniella Westbrook has opened a bar in Marbella.
The actress, who left Mijas’ Villa Paradiso rehab centre in March, said she doesn’t see the new endeavour as a problem as she will be working from ‘the other side of the bar’.
The 43-year-old said: “I am better on the other side of the bar, I am a people person. I’m known for nightlife and DJing anyway in Ibiza.
“I can’t just stop my life.”
Speaking on UK TV chat show Loose Women, the former Eastenders star was asked if returning home from Spain was a trigger for her alcoholism.
“Not for me personally, we are creatures of habit like animals, we need structure in our life. I’ve just opened a bar with a friend of mine in Spain.”
She added: “I wanted something to put my money into. My son’s dad is Spanish, he speaks Spanish. I want something that he can do and have a nice life.
“I am still going to work and act, it’s just an investment for me and my son.
“I’m not there everyday.”
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52