BALEARIC beach favourite Cafe Del Mar is breezing its way to the mainland.
The Ibiza clubbers’ chillout venue, which became synonymous with 90s clubbing culture, is opening up its biggest venue in Barcelona.
The new club will house a disco, restaurant, cocktail bar and swimming pool over four floors, with licence owner Ignacio Soler estimating 70% of the clubbers will be British or foreign.
“We are going to reproduce the Ibiza concept with the idea of focusing on higher-end tourists,” said Soler.
Cafe Del Mar’s chillout albums have sold millions of copies and are a favourite with post-clubbers
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00