MALAGA FC’s president has been fined €3,500 for calling Barcelona ‘Catalan scum’ during a social media rant.
Abdullah Al-Thani’s tweet, written in Arabic, was in response to a fan who joked Malaga should allow Real Madrid to beat them on the final day of the season to stop Barcelona winning the league.
Barcelona reported Al-Thani to La Liga’s Department of Integrity and Spain’s anti-violence commission.
The Spanish government’s commission against violence, racism, xenophobia and intolerance in sport then agreed on the fine.
Real Madrid won the game 2-0, giving them their first La Liga title in five years.
- Velez-Malaga Town Hall receives more than 180 tax claims - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 19:32
- Protesters march over Malaga mosquito problem - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 15:45
- Local pupils reenact victory over Britain - 19 Jun, 2017 @ 12:15
- Film about ancient treasure to be filmed in Rincon de la Victoria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 17:40
- Geothermal deposit found in Almeria - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 15:58
- Estepona to host Circus festival - 16 Jun, 2017 @ 14:43
- Towns to unite to promote tourism - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 19:36
- Axarquia to host mental health conference - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 18:29
- Culture top reason tourists visit Andalucia - 15 Jun, 2017 @ 14:20
- Alleged axe attack in Axarquia - 14 Jun, 2017 @ 19:02