SPAIN is to see an increase in alcohol and drug checkpoints on its roads this weekend.
Checkpoints will be especially increased on conventional roads and roads with a high incident rate.
The move comes as San Juan and the first holiday weekend of the summer is celebrated across the country.
The checks will be ramped up all over Spain, with local and regional police supporting the Guardia Civil.
Some 43% of drivers who died on the road in Spain last year had alcohol or drugs in their system.
- A Guide To Choosing The Right Casino For You - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 09:05
- Paedo pensioner, 88, spared jail after sexually abusing neighbour’s 8-year-old daughter in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 14:37
- IN PICTURES: Easter processions kick off in fine weather in Spain - 15 Apr, 2019 @ 10:06
- IN PICS: British family and Madrid studio restore gorgeous period house in Spain into B&B - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 17:54
- SHELL SHOCKED: Unexploded BOMB found on property in Spain’s Malaga - 13 Apr, 2019 @ 12:05
- World Dance Day Saturday 13th April 2019 - 12 Apr, 2019 @ 16:38
- 10 Incredible Ways Technology Will Change Education By 2028 - 11 Apr, 2019 @ 14:30
- Airlines in Europe could soon be forced to fork out €1,400 for every piece of lost luggage - 7 Apr, 2019 @ 10:31
- Spain has one of smallest number of food-related deaths in world - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 11:00
- British tourists’ spending up in first quarter of 2019 with Andalucia the main destination for UK holidaymakers - 6 Apr, 2019 @ 09:25