A LONG-term gang war is believed to be behind the drunken Marbella car madness that left eight pedestrians injured, it can be revealed.
According to Olive Press sources a feud between Birmingham and Liverpool gangs led to the carnage that saw a top-of-the-range Audi SQ7 run down pedestrians in Puerto Banus two weeks ago.
The two men arrested for driving the car, Marcus Stewart, 27, and Liam O’Neill, are understood to be part of a Birmingham gang, while the car is said to belong to their Scouse rivals.
The incident occurred after a 24-hour bout of madness that saw the gang firstly clash the night before in central Banus, then fight again at the Ocean Club on May 28.
“They had originally come to blows after a night out in Marbella a year ago,” said one local nightclub owner, who asked not to be named.
A separate source told the Olive Press: “The rumours have it that one of the Liverpool gang allegedly killed Stewart’s brother some time ago.”
What seems apparent is that the two gangs both arrived on the Sunday in question at Ocean Club and after drinking came to blows.
Security and local police quickly stepped in and broke up the fight and ejected the Liverpool gang, before letting the Brummies leave half an hour later, claimed the sources.
“But inevitably the Scousers waited for them outside and came to confront them as they left,” said one.
“It was at this point that two of the Birmingham gang tried to run them over, before driving off to escape police.”
The €150,000 black Audi, on British plates, was eventually stopped by police with both men fleeing before being arrested. Ironically, the Liverpool gang, who are based on the Costa del Sol, drive a similar car, also on English plates.
The Birmingham pair, who both failed drink and drug tests, are currently behind bars while a judge continues to investigate.
- Out of this world: ‘Green Spaceship’ to dock in Madrid - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:24
- After a five-year period of sustained growth, there is a change in the air in Marbella, reports Diana Morales Properties - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 10:14
- Rule-breaking Madrid design firm gives grunge office block some colour therapy - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 18:52
- The latest mega-development for Gibraltar has all the signs of being a big hit with investors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 12:43
- Madrid architects take centre stage with their dramatic conversion of a historic playhouse - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:25
- BBQ King: Ingenious pellet stove barbecues are a dream come true for cooking outdoors - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 11:09
- Famous British businessman and Premier League football star flock to new Benahavis development - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:08
- Barcelona Unesco treasure hosts Scottish cancer charity’s first care centre on the continent - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 18:47
- Amazing conversion: how to bring a beautiful old abandoned 18th century townhouse back to life - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:40
- 5 Ideas of Having Fun in Internet - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 09:23