MALAGA province has lost 516 police officers as part of a nationwide cut that has resulted in 22,000 fewer agents on the streets.
Both the Policia Nacional and Guardia Civil have seen their numbers cut by thousands.
It comes after a government parliamentary reply to Socialist deputy Antonio Trevín revealed there are 64,487 Policia Nacional agents currently active, 13,651 less than the 78,138 currently on the register.
Meanwhile, the register of Guardia Civil personnel lists 85,263 officers, but there are currently only 76,928 active, a drop of 8,335.
By provinces, Malaga is one of the least affected in terms of the Policia Nacional, losing 516.
Madrid has lost 2,066, Sevilla 1,107, Valencia 932, Barcelona 638 and A Coruña with 531.
In terms of the Guardia Civil, Madrid is also the province most affected, with a deficit of 734 guards, followed by Barcelona (403 less), Gipuzkoa (374) and Balearic (330).
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26
- BREAKING: Barack Obama will be in Marbella TOMORROW for secret meeting at luxury hotel - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:50
- IN PICS: Game of Thrones stars party it up in Spain’s Benidorm for Sophie Turner’s hen do ahead of ‘official’ marriage to Joe Jonas - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 16:20
- Gibraltar police fuming after rumours ‘falsely claim’ drunk off duty officer started late night brawl at Pig & Whistle pub - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:45
- How a gang sold more than €1.5 million of drugs EVERY WEEK with the help of a Breaking Bad-style family in Cadiz – and how they spent it on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jun, 2019 @ 15:13