Georgina Jarvis ordered the salad on advice of the restaurant in Malaga while dining with her sister Gabbie.
However the plate of tomatoes and raw rings of onion she was given didn’t quite meet her expectations.
“I think we expected more of a salad for her with some lettuce and other veg maybe not just that,” sister Gabbie said.
“When she received the food I couldn’t help but laugh, we made pretty awkward eye contact with each other as staff were still serving us but I knew we were thinking the same thing.”
Gabbie tweeted a photo of the rather minimalist plate which sat in front of Georgina’s unimpressed face.
It gained more than 10,000 retweets and over 43,000 likes within hours– and many comments from social media users who could completely relate to Georgina’s disappointment.
“The food was disappointing compared to the options there are in England but I was very happy that they accommodated to me,” said Georgina.
“Veganism, in my opinion, is the most sensible option for the well-being of animals, for the environment and for your health. Veganism has made me into a more compassionate person, and I urge people to consider even cutting down on meat, maybe making a vegetarian meal a couple of times per week.
“The tweet posted may make veganism look like an extremity and inaccessible, but in reality I normally have no issues eating out in restaurants, and normally have many options.”
- One hospitalised as roaring chemical plant fire in San Roque is brought under control - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 20:27
- Gibraltar says ‘no cause for concern’ as toxic smoke from San Roque chemical fire unlikely to affect British territory - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:55
- Firefighters near San Roque chemical fire warn of toxic smoke as Gibraltar government advises residents to CLOSE WINDOWS and doors - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 17:35
- WATCH: Homes evacuated as huge chemical fire ‘covers cars in ash’ and ‘turns sky dark’ near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:59
- IN VIDEOS: HUGE mushroom cloud of toxic black smoke as fire BLAZES at chemical plant near Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 16:16
- BREAKING: Incident at San Roque oil refinery as flames and smoke billow from plant - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:54
- PLEASE SHARE: British teen launches last-ditch appeal to find dad who vanished from Spain’s Costa Blanca almost 10 years ago - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 15:34
- Shots fired at mosque in Spain - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:37
- BLUFFING MUFFINS: WARNING as batches of ‘fake gluten and dairy free’ magdalenas across Spain at risk of causing widespread allergic reactions - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 14:27
- IN PICS: Saudi tycoon’s HUGE €200 million yacht arrives on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 25 Jun, 2019 @ 13:59