Georgina Jarvis ordered the salad on advice of the restaurant in Malaga while dining with her sister Gabbie.
However the plate of tomatoes and raw rings of onion she was given didn’t quite meet her expectations.
“I think we expected more of a salad for her with some lettuce and other veg maybe not just that,” sister Gabbie said.
“When she received the food I couldn’t help but laugh, we made pretty awkward eye contact with each other as staff were still serving us but I knew we were thinking the same thing.”
Gabbie tweeted a photo of the rather minimalist plate which sat in front of Georgina’s unimpressed face.
It gained more than 10,000 retweets and over 43,000 likes within hours– and many comments from social media users who could completely relate to Georgina’s disappointment.
“The food was disappointing compared to the options there are in England but I was very happy that they accommodated to me,” said Georgina.
“Veganism, in my opinion, is the most sensible option for the well-being of animals, for the environment and for your health. Veganism has made me into a more compassionate person, and I urge people to consider even cutting down on meat, maybe making a vegetarian meal a couple of times per week.
“The tweet posted may make veganism look like an extremity and inaccessible, but in reality I normally have no issues eating out in restaurants, and normally have many options.”
- IN PICS: ‘One million’ march against Brexit in London - 23 Mar, 2019 @ 20:14
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31