POLICIA Nacional have confirmed that rumours of several van thefts on the Costa del Sol are false.
In a tweet, they covered the viral whatsapp message with ‘only trust official sources’ in Spanish.
— Policía Nacional (@policia) August 18, 2017
It comes after a supposed ‘warning’ from police has gone viral on Facebook.
The message reads: ‘Police have just notified that here on the coast there has been three vans that have been stolen. Might be a terrorist attack
Message from the police:
“We have just been advised of 3 vans that have been stolen this morning along the coast, White Mercedes Sprinter reg 5332 HWB, Grey Mec van 2383HLG and White Merc Van M8929 YT, police are treating as possible terrorist and advising against being iin packed areas.”
Marbella Torremolinos & Benalmadena have been listed as as that’s where they were taken from – stay safe’.
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33
- BREAKING: Police arrest jihadist planning ‘massacre’ at Semana Santa parade in Spain’s Andalucia - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 15:52
- PREDATOR drones from US to patrol Strait of Gibraltar and Cadiz coast as Spain’s Guardia Civil fear surge in drug and people smuggling this summer - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 13:52
- Marbella’s iconic Villa Padierna hotel which hosted Michelle Obama changing hands - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:40
- Max Beach will reopen on Spain’s Costa del Sol this week with new look and night time venue planned for summer - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 17:06
- Bomb threat in Madrid declared false alarm as workers told they can return to work - 16 Apr, 2019 @ 14:16