A TRIO of Spanish slimmers have shed a remarkable 96 kilograms between them.
Now the group, Asier Santa Cruz, Alicia Whelan and Rosa Torrens are set to battle it out to enter the International Slimmer of the Year final in the UK this autumn.
The trio – who all lost weight thanks to the Cambridge Weight Plan (CWP) – will come head to head in the Spanish national final of the competition on September 7.
The winner will join slimmers from more than 30 countries at the grand final in Telford, in November.
Hot favourite is Asier Santa Cruz, from Pamplona, who has lost 42kg over an 18 month period, after ballooning to 136kg and developing weight-related medical problems.
However, Alicia Whelan, from Mazarron, is likely to push him all the way, after battling to shed 32.6kgs, following a fight back from post-natal depression and the breakdown of her marriage.
Finally, Rosa Torrens from Mallorca, decided to go on a weight-loss programme after the worry of dealing with a son with cerebral palsy led to her reaching a huge 121kg.
Rosa, from Pollensa has now lost 21kg in under a year.
The three finalists will also be joined by two keen slimmers from Gibraltar, Alfred Traverso and Davina Tante.
After developing gestational diabetes Davina lost 24 kg in just eight months in order to stay healthy and minimise her chances of developing Type 2 diabetes.
Meanwhile, Alfred lost 31 kg in nine months.
CWP has over 30 years’ experience in more than 30 countries worldwide, in helping people lose weight and maintain weight loss.
CWP is a scientifically proven five-step programme which combines nutritionally balanced meal replacements and conventional food under the supervision of a trained CWP consultant.
- Tasting Spain: Sampling the nations unusual delicacies - 9 Sep, 2017 @ 10:20
- The monkey with no name – Bioparc Fuengirola’s adorable new addition - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 15:56
- New oldest man in world from southern Spain thanks ‘good genes and good wine’ - 31 Aug, 2017 @ 14:29
- Trio of Spanish slimmers who shed 100 kilos will battle to enter UK slimming final - 30 Aug, 2017 @ 13:16
- Hypnotic Brass Ensemble return to Spain for string of concerts - 29 Aug, 2017 @ 17:39
- EXCLUSIVE: London West End star refused entry into Malaga nightclub ‘because he is black’ - 20 Aug, 2017 @ 10:10
- Marbella burglary gang busted after attacking more than 20 homes - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 12:02
- ‘Terrified’ baby dolphin dies from stress in southern Spain after tourists snatch it from water and pose for selfies - 17 Aug, 2017 @ 10:54
- BREAKING: Pensioner airlifted from Costa del Sol beach after suspected heart attack - 8 Aug, 2017 @ 11:40
- ‘BRITS ARE SAVAGES’: Marbella officials threaten to revoke licences in new party tourism crackdown - 6 Aug, 2017 @ 11:33