Operation CARISMA saw 28 people arrested from an international crime gang dedicated to selling vast amounts of drugs across Europe.
Some 12 properties were raided, uncovering five tonnes of hashish, 300 kilos of marijuana and more than €500,000 in cash.
The operation began in 2015, when the gang was first detected in Malaga.
From there cops discovered two other branches of the organization in Granada, which were directly connected to the operation and whose function was to cultivate and process large quantities of marijuana that later transported throughout the national territory and across the continent.
The organization, which in Spain was run by a Moroccan origin based in Fuengirola, acquired the hashish by contacting suppliers directly from Morocco and marijuana with other suppliers who processed it in Granada.
Once the hashish arrived in Spain it was guarded in different locations in Malaga, waiting to receive large quantities of marijuana from the Granada cell.
Both substances were packaged, packed and hidden among legal goods.
They were either transported in trucks of a transport company linked to the criminal organization or in vehicles of a rental company owned by two members of the organization.
In total the operation has led to the arrest of 28 people of Spanish, Moroccan, French and Dutch origin, the seizure of 5,213 kilograms of hashish , 390 kilograms of marijuana, €522,410 in cash, a 45 caliber firearm, 19 cars, 3 trucks, 2 semitrailers and 1 moped, bringing the value of the effects seized to more than €10 million euros.
- MUST READ: How to survive a rip current following deaths of two swimmers on Costa del Sol beach - 16 Jul, 2019 @ 11:43
- Man becomes second to die off Costa del Sol beach in just 15 days - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 16:35
- BRACE YOURSELVES: Hot winds to bring temperatures of up to 39C on Spain’s Costa del Sol TODAY - 15 Jul, 2019 @ 10:27
- WATCH: Stingray capable of killing humans spotted on shore metres from children on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 13 Jul, 2019 @ 09:13
- British expats arrested and fined in new crackdown on ‘pirate taxis’ at Malaga airport - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:31
- BREAKING: Body washes up on beach near Marbella’s exclusive Golden Mile - 11 Jul, 2019 @ 14:05
- HE’S THE DADDY: Court rules Javier Santos IS the love child of Spanish superstar Julio Iglesias - 10 Jul, 2019 @ 18:01
- ‘WRONG MESSAGE’: Young man who accidentally killed drug addict while stopping him from robbing helpless cleaner on Spain’s Costa del Sol given two-year prison sentence and HUGE fine - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 12:37
- British giant Virgin Trains eyes up moving into Spain market after UK becomes ‘uninvestable’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:49
- Expert says southern Spain and Balearics at ‘great risk’ of tsunamis but authorities ‘are not prepared’ - 9 Jul, 2019 @ 11:19