Operation CARISMA saw 28 people arrested from an international crime gang dedicated to selling vast amounts of drugs across Europe.
Some 12 properties were raided, uncovering five tonnes of hashish, 300 kilos of marijuana and more than €500,000 in cash.
The operation began in 2015, when the gang was first detected in Malaga.
From there cops discovered two other branches of the organization in Granada, which were directly connected to the operation and whose function was to cultivate and process large quantities of marijuana that later transported throughout the national territory and across the continent.
The organization, which in Spain was run by a Moroccan origin based in Fuengirola, acquired the hashish by contacting suppliers directly from Morocco and marijuana with other suppliers who processed it in Granada.
Once the hashish arrived in Spain it was guarded in different locations in Malaga, waiting to receive large quantities of marijuana from the Granada cell.
Both substances were packaged, packed and hidden among legal goods.
They were either transported in trucks of a transport company linked to the criminal organization or in vehicles of a rental company owned by two members of the organization.
In total the operation has led to the arrest of 28 people of Spanish, Moroccan, French and Dutch origin, the seizure of 5,213 kilograms of hashish , 390 kilograms of marijuana, €522,410 in cash, a 45 caliber firearm, 19 cars, 3 trucks, 2 semitrailers and 1 moped, bringing the value of the effects seized to more than €10 million euros.
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23
- Warnings as woman almost DIES in Spain after suffering huge allergic reaction to partner’s sperm in WORLD FIRST - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 17:36
- Fatboy Slim, Elton John, Gallagher brothers, Jamiroquai and Kings of Leon among the HUGE list of British and US acts performing across Spain this year - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 14:29
- British MPs to vote on holding ANOTHER Brexit referendum - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 14:10