Operation CARISMA saw 28 people arrested from an international crime gang dedicated to selling vast amounts of drugs across Europe.
Some 12 properties were raided, uncovering five tonnes of hashish, 300 kilos of marijuana and more than €500,000 in cash.
The operation began in 2015, when the gang was first detected in Malaga.
From there cops discovered two other branches of the organization in Granada, which were directly connected to the operation and whose function was to cultivate and process large quantities of marijuana that later transported throughout the national territory and across the continent.
The organization, which in Spain was run by a Moroccan origin based in Fuengirola, acquired the hashish by contacting suppliers directly from Morocco and marijuana with other suppliers who processed it in Granada.
Once the hashish arrived in Spain it was guarded in different locations in Malaga, waiting to receive large quantities of marijuana from the Granada cell.
Both substances were packaged, packed and hidden among legal goods.
They were either transported in trucks of a transport company linked to the criminal organization or in vehicles of a rental company owned by two members of the organization.
In total the operation has led to the arrest of 28 people of Spanish, Moroccan, French and Dutch origin, the seizure of 5,213 kilograms of hashish , 390 kilograms of marijuana, €522,410 in cash, a 45 caliber firearm, 19 cars, 3 trucks, 2 semitrailers and 1 moped, bringing the value of the effects seized to more than €10 million euros.
- IN PICS: New Gibraltar property development to rival London’s Mayfair - 24 May, 2019 @ 09:52
- Agnese Klavina’s family to take case to Supreme Court after ‘shock verdict’ sees Marbella based Brits accused of kidnap ‘walk free’ on lesser charge - 23 May, 2019 @ 13:38
- REVEALED: Majority of Andalucia’s El Corte Ingles stores in the red while Marbella and Malaga the ONLY Costa del Sol outlets to return a profit - 23 May, 2019 @ 11:07
- BUSTED: €600 million empire which trafficked drugs into the UK and laundered money into Spain’s property market - 22 May, 2019 @ 18:38
- British most obsessed with doggy-style while Spain loves ‘cuckolding’, as new study reveals world’s sexual preferences - 22 May, 2019 @ 17:36
- WARNING: Multi-day heatwaves and life threatening temperatures coming to Spain this summer - 22 May, 2019 @ 16:25
- WE’VE GOT THE POWER: Dozens of expats fill up the ballot lists for vital local elections in Spain’s Andalucia - 22 May, 2019 @ 13:12
- HAY FEVER EPIDEMIC: Expert reveals why your allergies seem much worse in Spain this year - 22 May, 2019 @ 12:47
- Liverpool FC brings extreme security measures to Marbella football training ground ahead of Champions League final - 22 May, 2019 @ 10:35
- MISSING: British expat and dementia sufferer, 83, disappears on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 21 May, 2019 @ 11:25