Sunhouse 360 has designed four different houses which rotate, either counterclockwise or clockwise, every 15 minutes to maximise the amount of solar energy generated.
Property developer SH Revolving House commissioned the innovative homes to be built on the Bel Air urbanizacion.
The designers claim homeowners could save 70% in energy costs and reduce their overall carbon footprint by 68%.
Co-founder Bertrand Coue, 48, told the Olive Press: “There are lots of beautiful houses in Spain but very few actually cater for sustainability in the long term.
Each home will cost about €690,000 to build and will comfortably house a family of five.
Coue said the laws need to change so there is a financial incentive to go green, adding: “It is very difficult to build with all this pressure.”
The house should be completed by April, with its day-to-day functioning controlled from an app on your phone.
The app controls the heating, lightning and electricity but also the rotation disc itself which is taken from a wind turbine.
For instance, if you want the sun to be concentrated in a particular room then you rotate the house to the desired position.
Sunhouses also react and learn to work with the specific sun in that area.
Coue has a broad vision for the company’s future, saying: “I see our markets more in the north of Europe. I think the French and German markets are receptive and in the UK.”
- Doctor called in to help podgy population lose weight in a Spanish town - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 12:30
- Flu pandemic in Spain leads to rising death toll - 25 Feb, 2018 @ 10:30
- Spanish hospitals charging tourists double for care in Barcelona - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 13:37
- Spain gets its first beer spa in Andalucia - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 12:06
- Spain vows to send more police officers to combat ‘narcos state’ in Cadiz - 20 Feb, 2018 @ 10:50
- Spanish singer Marta Sanchez causes controversy with rendition of national anthem - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 15:06
- Spain’s SpaceX satellite launch in California delayed by four days - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 13:43
- Spain’s finance minister fails to impress MEPs for European Central Bank role - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 12:47
- UN set to inspect migrant situation in Spain - 19 Feb, 2018 @ 11:07
- Chasing corruption: Tracking Spain’s nine biggest corruption cases in 2018 - 17 Feb, 2018 @ 11:11