AMERICAN film director Ari Gold hailed the Evolution Mallorca Film Festival after his movie Song of Sway Lake opened the week-long event.
The film,which stars Rory Culkin and Robert Sheehan, follows two young friends’ search for a rare 1940s vinyl record at an idyllic lake-side mansion.
Gold and Hollywood stars Paul Haggis and Colm Meaney were among the red-carpet guests at Palma’s Teatre Principal for the film’s European premiere.
“It’s about a search for a lost record, but it’s more about the human heart. About people who are trapped in the past,” explained Gold.
“[By the end of the film] the ice that covers that covers their heart is melting.”
Making his first visit to Mallorca, the director revealed he hired a scooter and drove around Deia, Soller and Valldemossa.
Gold, who is also a musician, said art should ‘wake up the human spirit’.
“We have to evolve, or we die,” he added, in a nod to the festival’s name.
- Electric cars set for Mallorca reboot thanks to AnySolution - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- I do! Balearic blushing brides attend three-day exhibition - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 14:00
- Balearic tourism boost as delegation impresses the World Travel Market - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Tourism concern as visitor numbers plummet in Catalunya’s museums - 15 Nov, 2017 @ 10:00
- US director’s Song of Sway Lake makes long-awaited red-carpet debut - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00
- Mallorquin hoteliers check-in to the Forbes rich list - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 17:00
- Biting Brit avoids jail but is handed a suspended sentence for assault - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 16:00
- Thousands of olives planted by Mallorcan scientists to discover the best strain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 15:00
- Catalunya referendum could lead to recession, fears Bank of Spain - 14 Nov, 2017 @ 12:00
- Former nightlife king Tolo Cursach refused bail as he returns to jail in Palma - 13 Nov, 2017 @ 18:00