RESIDENTS in Malaga have been left foaming after a washing detergent spill has left them without water since Monday.
Some 740 homes in Miraflores, El Palo, have been cut off after a foamy soap product was spilled into the well that supplies the water to the urbanisations.
Policia Nacional have already identified three people in the investigation of the spill that has affected the internal supply network in the Eastern District of the city.
According to police sources, water tanks have detected ‘a high concentration of detergents’, which was confirmed by the Municipal Water Company (Emasa) after analyzing the water in their laboratories.
Sources of the National Police explained last night that three people allegedly spilled the product by accident after cleaning a storage room near the well.
The police said the product is non-toxic, and that it was a foaming agent.
The cut of the supply will remain in place until later on today as authorities work to empty out the pipes.
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22
- TASTING MANILVA: Discovering another side to this expat hotspot through cottage industry wine - 17 Mar, 2019 @ 11:51
- HOUSE OF HORRORS: Expat squatter couple caged and interrogated after dead baby and child, 3, found buried near luxury urbanisations in Spain - 15 Mar, 2019 @ 14:23
- Warnings as woman almost DIES in Spain after suffering huge allergic reaction to partner’s sperm in WORLD FIRST - 14 Mar, 2019 @ 17:36