MALAGA’S Christmas lights are the highlight of the season and are probably the most instagrammed festive decoration on the coast.
This year they will switched on on Friday November 24.
The theme for this Christmas has taken a religious tone, with Calle Larios being converted into a Cathedral with two giant domes and stained glass windows.
Son et Lumiere shows take place on Calle Larios at 6.30pm and 9.30pm and three songs will form part of the show: Boney M’s Merry Christmas, Wizards in Winter by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra and Christmas Festival performed by Boston Pops.
In addition to Calle Larios, some 1.7 million LED bulbs will be on display in Malaga this season.
The lights are switched on between 6.30pm and 2am every day and are turned off on January 7 next year.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33