BENALMADENA’S Hotel Vista de Rey must be demolished within three months, a Malaga court has ruled.
It comes after the three-star hotel and apartment block, next to Cercanias de Torremuelle station, become involved in a legal tussle with the Superior Court of Justice of Andalucia over its legality in 2011.
Hotel-apartment complexes like the Vista de Rey require a licence for commercial-residential use, but the area where it was built is intended exclusively for hotel use and requires a minimum rating of four stars – Vista de Rey has only three.
The business’s license, therefore, violates the General Plan of Urban Planning (PGOU) of Benalmádena.
It also breached planning laws by covering an excess area of more than 700 square meters than was permitted.
Although the City Council and the developer maintain that this excess was corrected, the judge ruled that the rectification would have taken place after the granting of the licence, so does not count.
The apartment hotel has 61 studios-apartments, 46 parking spaces and common areas.
The original building was granted planning permission by then mayor Enrique Bolin in 2001.
- Mercadona refuses to review security measures on Spain’s Costa del Sol after string of British expats robbed in its stores - 24 Apr, 2019 @ 13:33
- Popular drag queen attacked by group of homophobic ‘foreign’ men in gay-friendly Torremolinos - 23 Apr, 2019 @ 11:50
- British pensioner praises Spanish local for handing him €400 he unwittingly left in cash machine on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 22 Apr, 2019 @ 15:30
- REVEALED: Which Andalucian province saw a 56% boom in property sales while Costa del Sol, Alicante and Balearics suffered DROPS - 21 Apr, 2019 @ 09:03
- BREAKING: British and Spanish children ‘almost die’ after dangerous game ends in FIREBALL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 21:14
- British expat robbed twice in same Costa del Sol supermarket in just 10 days loses ‘priceless’ personal mementos from dead daughter - 20 Apr, 2019 @ 08:51
- THERE’LL BE KILLINGS: Cadiz drug trafficker warns of BAZOOKAS and bodies on the streets if crackdown on smuggling across Strait of Gibraltar continues - 19 Apr, 2019 @ 13:10
- Irish company launches lifesaving ‘hangover care package’ for expats in Spain - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 12:09
- ‘WE’RE TERRIFIED’: Brother of missing British father who vanished from Spain’s Costa del Sol with son speaks out - 18 Apr, 2019 @ 11:29
- Drones which can photograph drivers using their mobile phone from 2km away launched in Spain TODAY - 17 Apr, 2019 @ 17:33