FURIOUS concert goers have blasted Starlite after still not receiving their refund for a cancelled gig in August.
It comes four months after the Marbella festival promised to resolve the issue ‘within a few weeks’ following an Olive Press probe.
Andrea Boccelli cancelled his 10.30pm concert in mid-August just five hours before curtain call, sparking a wave of refund requests.
Irish expat Lilian McMullan, 48, had spent €1,900 on tickets to celebrate her husband finishing his cancer treatment.
After months of asking for her refund and being told it had been paid, the money turned up in her account yesterday after telling organisers she had spoken to the press.
“The service has been awful,” McMullan told the Olive Press, “There was excuse after excuse for why we had not been paid, it seems only people who have threatened to go public are getting their money back.”
Dozens of expats waited three months to get refunds worth thousands of euros, with some even being shown ‘fake’ bank transfers.
Janice Smith told the Olive Press: “They showed me a month old refund transaction of €1,150, but that money had never entered my account, it was baffling!”
Smith was finally paid back last week, but dozens of people are still awaiting to be paid.
According to the terms and conditions on the company’s website, in the event of cancellation, the organisation is ‘committed to the refund within a period of 30 days’.
Starlite told the Olive Press they are paying back customers ‘step by step’.
“We are trying to do our best, it was a lot of cancellations at once,” a spokesman told the Olive Press last night, “We are aiming to have everyone refunded by the end of this month.”
- WARNING: How meticulous thieves are robbing your homes while you enjoy days at the beach along Spain’s Costa del Sol - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 17:06
- Luxury brands continue to bet on Marbella’s Puerto Banus as Hermes, Versace and Fendi to set up shop - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 13:09
- Rival the yachts of Marbella this summer with this HUGE inflatable boat from Amazon - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:55
- REVEALED: British flyers behind soar in on-flight incidents in Spain as Malaga, Alicante and Mallorca most affected by bad behaviour - 17 Jun, 2019 @ 11:24
- IN PICS: The stunning 16th century estate going up for auction in Spain - 16 Jun, 2019 @ 09:07
- Fake goods costing Spain and EU billions each year - 15 Jun, 2019 @ 08:38
- Brothers cuffed after trying to stuff 11 champagne bottles down one of their tops in huge shoplifting FAIL on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:22
- British tourists still flocking to Spain’s Malaga as first quarter of 2019 shows almost 10% increase in hotel stays - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 17:04
- 8 things you didn’t know were ILLEGAL to do at the beach on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 12:29
- Young paedo groomed at least 10 children across Spain’s Alicante, Andalucia and Valencia and paid them for explicit images while posing as underage girl online - 14 Jun, 2019 @ 11:26