FURIOUS concert goers have blasted Starlite after still not receiving their refund for a cancelled gig in August.
It comes four months after the Marbella festival promised to resolve the issue ‘within a few weeks’ following an Olive Press probe.
Andrea Boccelli cancelled his 10.30pm concert in mid-August just five hours before curtain call, sparking a wave of refund requests.
Irish expat Lilian McMullan, 48, had spent €1,900 on tickets to celebrate her husband finishing his cancer treatment.
After months of asking for her refund and being told it had been paid, the money turned up in her account yesterday after telling organisers she had spoken to the press.
“The service has been awful,” McMullan told the Olive Press, “There was excuse after excuse for why we had not been paid, it seems only people who have threatened to go public are getting their money back.”
Dozens of expats waited three months to get refunds worth thousands of euros, with some even being shown ‘fake’ bank transfers.
Janice Smith told the Olive Press: “They showed me a month old refund transaction of €1,150, but that money had never entered my account, it was baffling!”
Smith was finally paid back last week, but dozens of people are still awaiting to be paid.
According to the terms and conditions on the company’s website, in the event of cancellation, the organisation is ‘committed to the refund within a period of 30 days’.
Starlite told the Olive Press they are paying back customers ‘step by step’.
“We are trying to do our best, it was a lot of cancellations at once,” a spokesman told the Olive Press last night, “We are aiming to have everyone refunded by the end of this month.”
- ‘DRUG HILLS’: British expats in upmarket urbanisation on Spain’s Costa del Sol wake up to ‘disgraceful’ graffiti - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:47
- Westley Capper arrives at Malaga court on last day of Agnese Klavina trial after damning CCTV footage shown to court - 20 Mar, 2019 @ 11:20
- Dead body dumped on Spain’s Costa del Sol was of young foreigner, 23, and had at least 10 gunshot wounds - 19 Mar, 2019 @ 10:59
- Guardia Civil cop who killed three people after causing pile up on Costa del Sol while driving on cocaine ordered to pay €1.4 million in compensation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:52
- SACRE BLOW! French smuggling gang which moved cocaine and hashish between Morocco, Malaga and Europe busted in joint operation - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 16:12
- Residents feel shaking as FOUR earthquakes rock Malaga - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:33
- Rain and cold wind forecast for Spain’s Malaga this week - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 15:16
- WATCH: Manhunt launched after pharmacy robbed at GUNPOINT on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:45
- Dead body found dumped with ‘several gunshot wounds’ on Spain’s Costa del Sol - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 12:31
- British expats facing 12 years in prison and €84,000 in compensation costs as trial over missing Agnese Klavina begins in Malaga TODAY - 18 Mar, 2019 @ 11:22