Crime boss’s son offered cash and a property in Paris to drop evidence in Cursach case
THE son of ‘King of the Night’ Tolo Cursach is being investigated over claims he tried to bribe a Madam from a well known Palma brothel.
Palma’s Court Number 6 is to grill the son of Bartolome Cursach over claims he offered to buy a property in France and pay a regular monthly salary if she pulled out of his corruption trial.
In the separate side case on December 15, Judge Florit will ask Tolo Junior if he made a phone call to the woman, whose identity is being protected for safety reasons.
So far 31 people have been ordered to court over the crimes of Cursach, which include bribing police and politicians with prostitutes and drugs.
The nightclub boss faces 15 charges, including homicide and corruption. He is said to have vowed to destroy rivals in any way possible, and paid €3,000 to a witness to lodge complaints about rival clubs with police and town halls.
Judge Penalva has stepped away from the case after Cursach and Sbert’s lawyers filed formal complaints claiming he was corrupt. A protest with 300 friends and family of the accused aided in the judge’s temporary suspension from the case.
The case is expected to remain in ‘limbo’ until January, giving time for all internal investigations to be finalised.
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15