STUNNING photos win awards at the first photography contest of the Tramuntana mountains.
In total 20 awards were given, with one grand winner in each of the five categories all focusing on the Serra de Tramuntana mountain range.
First prize in the people of the Serra category is an image of a local farmer sheering his sheep. The winner for a world of water is a hazy photo of water trickling down a natural spring in the mountain top. A black and white shot of an old tradition rock wall tucked away in an olive grove took a prize in local work and farming.
Each winner received €1,000 and each honourable mention €300, which included architecture of the Serra and the Tramuntana landscapes.
The contest was the first event organised by the Serra de Tramuntana Consortium in collaboration with AFONIB (the association of nature photographers of the Balearic Islands).
- The most beautiful village in Mallorca has been named - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 10:56
- Gender violence a top priority for New Police Commissioner of the Balearics - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 17:03
- Environmentalists call for huge expansion of the Cabrera National Park - 11 Dec, 2018 @ 15:50
- Promenade promises to create a whole new look for visitors arriving in Palma - 5 Nov, 2018 @ 11:13
- Five dead – including British tourists – and dozens still missing in Mallorca’s biggest flood in decades - 10 Oct, 2018 @ 10:11
- British tourist found floating in Ibiza’s Port of Sant Antoni - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:58
- Young expat starts campaign to raise awareness against balconing in Spain - 6 Aug, 2018 @ 11:09
- Boat propeller hacks off arm and leg of two young tourists in Spain - 1 Aug, 2018 @ 14:48
- Nit de L’Art and a month long Jazz festival coming to Sa Pobla - 23 Jul, 2018 @ 08:42
- Mallorca has a historic number of employees working on the island - 11 Jul, 2018 @ 12:15