Not much to report on the property front this week as we head into Christmas, apart from receiving a visit from a well known international cyclist looking for a second home.
Having been asked to be his exclusive buyer’s agent, we looked at a wide range of properties from country homes in the Santa Maria area to swish apartments in Palma – a real interesting range as we begin the voyage of defining the client’s needs and preferred location. I have to say I do rather enjoy the outset of a journey like this, when a client has committed to using you exclusively and handed over their trust to you in helping them find the right location and perfect home to start their new life in a foreign land. It´s so important to listen and get it right – and always quite an honour for a well known person to open up and let a stranger in – a necessary part of this process in finding a home rather than just a house. Having not looked at penthouses in Palma for the last few years, of particular interest were the range of exceptionally creative interior designs in Palma old town, quite different in attitude compared to 15 years ago when I first started out in property. It’s always fun to explore new creative ideas that have been brought to life – not to mention pick up some tips! There’s almost always a new and interesting shop, bar or restaurant to find along the way too. One place I was very excited to find (being a vegetarian) was the Deli & Cafe Restaurant My Muy Bueno, just opposite the main Post Office in Palma (on the first floor). Open for breakfast through to late afternoon, they serve a fabulous array of lunchtime salads as well as warm and nourishing dishes, and – as contradictory as it sounds – completely guilt free yummy desserts and cakes.
I’d highly recommend a visit, if nothing else, to try the vegan salted caramel tart!
Since this was my new cycling friend’s first visit and his partner had not been able to join, there will be more properties to look at in the New Year … so wish me luck!!
Focus on Sol de Mallorca
Sol de Mallorca is situated in a quiet corner of Mallorca, on the Southwest coastline opposite Portals Vells and next to Cala Vinyes. Mostly known as a residential area it consists of small chalets, town houses and apartments, as well as a good mix of well sized traditional and modern villas, with a good array of deluxe first line properties. There are some beautiful beaches within walking distance including Portals Vells, Cala Bella Dona and a little further away, Cap Falco.
In 1967, the film, The Magician, was filmed here starring well known stars including Anthony Quinn, Michael Caine and Can- dice Bergen. There is a small quay looking out over the Portals Vells cove, nigh-on impossible for expats to find a berth, but a very popular area to anchor off for lunch and swim in the summer time.
Shops and Services
Currently there is only one small supermarket and only one restaurant, which fortunately is a very good one. Over the next two to three years, there is hope in the community that the old casino will be transformed into a high quality hotel and leisure complex which will help give the area much needed facilities and buzz. In summer time, it is also possible to walk to some of the beach chiringuitos on the surrounding beaches. Poniente Golf Club is also only moments away.
Living in Sol de Mallorca
This area is a real mix of prices, sizes and styles, but presenting better value for money than the popular areas closer to Palma. A good sized two bed apartment starts in the region of €250.000 upwards, with three bed town- houses from €350.000.
Contact Amanda J Butler to buy or sell your home: Tel: +34690075169, www.mjcassociates.net. Your professional one stop property shop around the Island!
- Summer heat and an Ibiza-style property are the hot topics with Amanda Butler - 8 Jul, 2018 @ 12:16
- MARCH INTO SPRING: Wealthy buyers are still flocking to Mallorca, writes Amanda Butler - 13 Mar, 2018 @ 09:49
- Number One! Why Mallorca really is the best place to live in the world writes Amanda Butler - 23 Jan, 2018 @ 11:45
- Olive Press property expert Amanda Bulter brings in the New Year - 12 Jan, 2018 @ 12:00
- Finding the great escape, writes Amanda Butler - 27 Dec, 2017 @ 17:40
- ‘Tis the season for reflection, writes property expert Amanda Butler - 14 Dec, 2017 @ 15:43
- Artà is largely unaffected by mass tourism and could be perfect for tranquil home, writes Amanda Butler - 27 Oct, 2017 @ 15:27
- As Mallorca summer crowds fade, property expert Amanda Butler looks ahead to 2018 - 13 Oct, 2017 @ 13:33
- Pottery, vineyards and cotton weaving – Santa Maria is steeped in Mallorca tradition - 29 Sep, 2017 @ 14:11
- The ‘prettiest village in Spain’ is a perfect spot for a Mallorca home - 25 Sep, 2017 @ 16:40